Monday, June 8, 2009

Trout???

I haven't been trout fishing in weeks but yesterday I helped my buddy Ryan Johnston out by rowing two young men down the river for his Cast Hope organization. This is a great non profit Ryan has started to introduce young people to fly fishing and do a little youth missionary while on the river. I am one of the guides involved and so proud of what Ryan is doing that I can't even began to explain it. In an age where kids are plugged into screens and our sport continues to be stagnant it has become an imperative that we introduce young people to our sport. Ryan and his board of directors are deeply committed to this mission and I am happy to be a part of this organization - Stay tuned for more info as Cast Hope Develops

With regards to fishing - The trout fishing on the L. Sac was tough but both young men caught their first trout on a fly rod and lost many more. The lower river outside of chico is still muddy but I am going to try to get out this afternoon to poke around for some stripers. Tomorrow I hit the road for some club presentations at the Diablo Valley Fly Casters and the San Jose Fly Club.
Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment