Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Delayed Post....

So I spent the weekend on the Lower Yuba...Along with everyone else who fly fishes and owns a drift boat from the Hwy 20 Bridge to San Jose. Holy Crap was it crowded. Personally I have never seen as many drift boats on the river as I did Saturday. That said it wasn't that bad....

Flows were around 2600-2500 but have sense dropped to 2200-2100 on Monday 7 Feb 2011. Fishing was fair. Tough to find a pattern on what fish wanted to eat and what type of water they were holding in. Caught fish on a few colors of eggs, Tan Fox Pupa, and a few random attractor patterns. Saw a few caddis around, Darker colored Mayflies...maybe early march browns...I didn't see any of the lighter colored PMD's, Saw two skwalas and fished the dry in some likely holding water but didn't raise a fish...Also didn't try very hard.

All that said now that flows have dropped down to 2200cfs or I think the fish are going to move back into their normal holding waters and hopefully that hatches will pick up and early spring fishing will get a bit more consistent.

In other news...CBS sports rated the Notre Dame recruiting class as the #1 class and ESPN gave them #9. I am pumped the class is DEFENSIVE heavy and we stole a few last minute recruits. One from USC who attended Servite right in USC's back yard...Nice.

In Giants news Pitchers and Catchers report Feb 14, Full Squad Feb 18...First spring training game Feb 25. I am pumped thank god the NFL is over, I hate the NBA, Love College basketball but it really just fills in space....Baseball is almost back....I am scared to say this but I think the giants are improved from last year as well. That said I think they snuck up on a lot of people last year so now they are going to need to be better as everyone is going to be gunning for them.

Go fish...it is going to get really good early this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment