Monday, August 5, 2013

Fall and Winter Trout and Steelhead Dates


Fall and Winter Trout and Steelhead

Fall and Winter around Northern California offer some of the best fishing of the year!! Due to my limited guide schedule in the fall and winter I have limited dates available and they will go fast. I have listed the dates that I have available below along with a general description of fall and winter fisheries and when they fish best. I hope everyone is doing well and if you would like to book a date or have any questions give me a call or shoot me an email

530-514-2453
hoganbrown@hotmail.com

Lower Yuba River - Egg Bit is best late sept-mid October. Oct-Feb is best for trout and steelhead. 

Lower Feather River - Fall Steelhead is best Oct-November and with flows through the low flow hovering between 1500 and 2500cfs it may even start getting good by early september this year.

Lower Sacramento River - Egg bit is best Mid October through early November. Steelhead fishing is best in the lower River Nov-Dec. Fishing is good though from Oct - Feb

Butte Creek - Open Nov 15-Feb 15. The creek is Very very low so fishing won't pick up until we get some good rains, fishing is usually best mid December through mid Jan. 

* keep in mind these are general descriptions and all rivers are subject to weather and flow changes. If you have a specific question or want to know more about a fishery in greater detail feel free to shoot me an email. 

AVAILABLE DATES
Sept. 14, 15, 
Oct. 6, 12, 13, 19, 26, 27
Nov. 10, 11, 17, 23-27
Dec. 21-24, 27-31
Jan. 2-12, 18-20, 25, 26, 
Feb. 1, 2, 8-10, 15- 17, 22, 23

As always check out the blog or my website 

No comments:

Post a Comment