Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Reports, Music, College Football...the good stuff.

There seems to have finally been a respite from the triple digits in Chico, CA. Amazing how low to mid 90s feels after straight weeks of triple digits. Low 60s in the morning is down right COLD. Overall it has been a busy last month or so and fishing has been as good as I thought it would this striper season. Fall is coming though as I was on the river yesterday and it is really obvious the angle of the sun is changing late in the day and the sun is going down earlier.

Lower Sacramento Striper Report: Fishing has been good to great depending on the day and conditions. We have been getting good numbers of 3-4lb fish and on most days finding some bigger and even trophy fish. Fall (Sept-Ocotber) is a great time to be on the water as the bigger fish get pushed to the banks by salmon anglers and salmon and we get some sight fishing shots at some true giants. With good flows and plenty of water the back waters should have fish moving around very soon. On most days fishing heavy sink lines in the morning and switching up to Intm. Lines by lunch is the best program. While I am pretty much booked up for the rest of the season I have two other captains that have open dates if anyone is looking to get out.





Fall/Fishing: This fall I will spending most of my time striper fishing but by late fall I will be focusing on the Lower Yuba, Lower Sac, and Feather depending what is fishing the best. My preference is to spend Late fall and winter on Lower Yuba River as I really love fishing and guiding over there in the late fall and winter. Winter is quickly becoming my favorite season the Lower Yuba. There are hatches, nymphing, and options to swing flies on most days. Fall and Winter will book up soon so if you would like to get out here are my open dates.

Nov 4, 22
Dec 2, 9, 18, 19, 21, 22, 27-30
Jan 2-6, 13, 15, 20, 27
Feb 3, 10, 12, 19, 17,

Other News…

The Inaugural Yuba Jubilee is in the books and I must say that John Baiocchi (http://www.baiocchistroutfitters.com) , Lance Gray (http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com) , and Lincoln Gray (http://www.stillwaterflyfishingadventures.com) did a great job organizing and putting the event on. Next years event is already scheduled for August 4th 2018 so put it on the books if you missed this years.


Music News…Lots of good new records. I have been listening to the new Manchester Orchestra album “A Black Mile to the Surface” – It is by far the best Manchester album I think in a while. I like Simple Math and Cope but this one is better. Also been listening to the new Jason Isbell album “Nashville Sound” – To be honest I am a total Isbell homer/fan, I think this album is great but I haven’t personally connected with like I did Something More than Free. I also bought Jets to Brazil first album “Orange Ryhming Dictionary” on Itunes as I had my CD copy stole a long time ago…I forgot how good that band was. If you don’t know it is the band that the singer of Jawbreaker formed after Jawbreaker broke up.

My band Royal Oak has some shows coming up as well. We will be playing sept 2 wtih Shamans Harvest in Chico and Sept 22 with Chuck Ragan in Nevada City.




College Football – we are nearly 2 weeks from the Kick Off of Notre Dame football and a week I think from the kick off. I LOVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL so I am pretty pumped…been reading all sorts of preview and such and I am pumped. Notre Dame should improve on their 4win season and in reality I am optimistic…I just want improvement. I think 9 wins would be Amazing but as a realist I think 6-7 is probably more realistic.
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment