Saturday, April 7, 2018

Shad and Striper Dates, Reports, and some more randomness

So it has been a while and I apologize but updating blogs, emailing, posting on social media, and then just living can be tough...been really working on NOT stairing at a screen so much and living with my eyes up so to say. I am much better about sending out emails to my email list with reports and such then I am at posting on this blog so if you want more up to date info click the link below on over to my website and sign up for my mailing list.

Click HERE

In other news check out my availabe dates for striper fishing and evening shad/bass trips. If the spring so far has been any indicator late spring and summer fishing is going to be GREAT!!!!


Evening Shad and/or Largemouth bass top water trips
May 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 18, 21, 24, 25, 28-30

Open Striper Dates
June 4, 8, 9, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, 23, 24,
July 3, 5, 6, 9, 13, 14, 16, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 30
August 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 11

Shad are on their way up the Sac, Yuba, and Feather and before the last big storm word was they were up to the mouth of the feather on the Sac. This high water from all the recent rain is really going to get the shad moving and if history is any indicator by the first week of May fish should be up around chico. Evening shad trips are a perfect way to target the best time to be on the water shad fishing.
Evening Top water bass trips or combo trips are also a great way to target the best fishing for river large and smallmouth bass.

Evening Trips are $250 for two anglers and include drinks, tackle, and use of rod and reel.

We are looking forward to another great summer on the Sacramento river chasing stripers.  If winter and spring is any indicator we should have another great year. I have alot of dates availalbe but they will book up as they do every year so get your dates while there are options. I also have 3 other captains available for multi boat trips this year so if you are looking for a group outing let me know.

Full day Striper trips are $475 and include lunch/drinks, tackle, and use of rod and reel.

Reports

Not much to report after the massive rain yesterday...sometimes it seems that the weather man is wrong all the time during the spring with the weather but this time they nailed it. It was a big rain yesterday and the rivers were rising even before the rain hit as DWR raised the flow on the Feather and Yuba to make room for what was forecasted as "atmospheric" river.

Feather River - was fishing well prior to DWR jacking up the flows through the entire river system. I had a few trips and we were hooking both adult and halfpound spring steelhead on the swing and nymphing. The afternoon caddis hatches started by the last day I was out there and fish were definatley keying on them swung and nymnphed.

Spring Feather Steelhead

Lower Yuba River - River has been raging for a few days now and continues to climb. It is up to 30k right now and while I am sure the river will be fine just sucks as it was just settling into a nice spring pattern with hatches. Should be a good late May and June on the lower yuba this year...May even take some time off from striper fishing and get out a few days in june.

Migratory Striper Fishing - I got a few days out with Captain Darrin Deel out of colusa fishing flies, bait, and swim baits...we caugth fish on all methods and I even got out a day with my dad and found some fish. This big push of water coming down the sac with the rain should pull up good numbers of fish up river and May should be great down out of Yuba City on the feather and Yuba and Colusa on the Sac.

Migratyory striper from the Sac
serious case of schoolie bass thumb

Oroville Spotted Bass Fishing - Fishing is getting good and the spotted bass are in pre spawn/spawn depending where you are in the lake. Fishing float and fly is catching the most fish.

MUSIC NEWS

Been listening to so much good music it is insane...I bought and signed up for Apple Music which is like a free pass to bev mo for a drunk...I have lost all control and will never go back. Couple of my favorite finds though are Gar Clemens New Album Full Buck Moon and ALL OF Travis Meadows stuff I highly recommend both. A band that has really gotten a ton of listening by myself and a few of my buddies who I shared them wih is Old Heavy Hands...they have new album coming out but their self titled debut album might just be my favotire album so far of 2018 I have found. Also steady rotation of John Moreland in all forms, the new Brian Fallon album, Turn Pike Troubadors whose new album A Long Way from Your Heart is amazing. Also all of Tyler Childers music is pretty steady rotation in the car and at home AND if you want to see Tyler he is playing in Chico CA April 20th.

Also if you havent yet check out my bands latest release Downs and Ups on Apple I tunes or here at Band Camp - LINK





No comments:

Post a Comment